It is not a new phenomenon to have errors in the router. Linksys error code 2318 is also one of them. It usually occurs due to a connectivity problem. In simpler terms, this error code occurs when there is no internet connection on your device and you try to access the Linksys Wi-Fi site. In order to fix this error yourself, you will have to do some troubleshooting. Or you can also dial Linksys support number for availing assistance from the technical representatives.
Users can follow the given steps to troubleshoot the Linksys error code 2318 –
Method 1: Create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account
1. Open a web browser of your choice and go to the Linksys smart Wi-Fi official page. Click on the link located in the bottom to login into Linksys router.
2. Create the Linksys smart Wi-Fi account by filling all the important information in the required fields.
3. Tick the box after reading the end user license agreement and click to create your account
Method 2: Security software configuration
1. Try to turn off the antivirus and firewall programs on your computer because they are not usually required when you are using routers.
2. Turn off all devices that are not in use except the one for your wired LAN computer
3. Also, disable any software program downloads in progress
Method 3: Manual computer web browser configurations
1. Check which browser you are using and set the compatibility mode and test again
2. Disable any kind of security browser add-ons or extensions
3. Clear all the browser history, cache, and cookies
4. Login to the Admin account on the router
5. Calculate the network actions to get better website loading performance
6. Enable the phishing and malware protection
It is not necessary to perform all the above-given methods. If a single method will be done in the right way then the error code will be resolved. But in case you did not see any results then you should not wait anymore and contact Linksys help number as soon as possible. The helpline stays accessible round the clock.