Thunderbird is undoubtedly one of the most popular email applications used worldwide by both mac and windows users. It is used by companies and individuals to facilitate their email communications and to manage various tasks. Thunderbird by default stores its email data in MBOX file format. However, we cannot ignore the fact that technology is growing by leaps and bounds.
In this perspective, MS Outlook offers a lot more when it comes to communication facilities and benefits. It is loved by millions of users across the world since it is easily accessible and incredibly easy to operate. MS Outlook offers a larger worldwide language support when compared to Thunderbird. While MS Outlook supports 96 languages, Thunderbird falls short with only 53 supported languages. There are many other reasons why users move Thunderbird (MBOX) to Outlook 2010/2013/2016 or Office 365.
Let us find out the greatest reasons why users move Thunderbird MBOX emails to Outlook 2010/2013/2016 or Office 365
Ø MS Outlook comes as a part of the MS Office suite
Ø No need for additional expenses or maintenance
Ø Easy to use even for beginners or inexperienced users
Ø Works at high speed with large files
Ø Outlook supports both IMAP and POP
Ø Reliable security features
Ø It is integrated with MS Exchange server
Ø Unlike Thunderbird, Outlook can manage tasks
Ø Outlook has an integrated calendar
Ø Integrated information manager for companies or individuals
Ø Constantly offers updates and security patches
Ø Offers instant communication with social networking mediums
Ø Incredibly fluid design and friendly user interface
Ø Highly cost effective and low maintenance for personal usage
How to move Thunderbird MBOX to Outlook 2010/2013/2016 or Office 365?
If you are someone who wants to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook or Office 365, you can employ two methods. The first method is the old manual method and the second one is with the use of third-party tools.
We will discuss both methods one by one and you can choose which one suits your needs.
Manual method to move Thunderbird MBOX files to Outlook or Office 365
– Open Mozilla Thunderbird application
– Go to the target folder where the emails are stored
– Select the messages you want to export
– To select the files, hold the “CTRL” key and click to choose.
– If you want to choose all the mails, press “CTRL+A” keys
– Now, right click on the selected emails and choose the “Save As” option
– Choose a folder to save these messages
– You get the option to save the files in EML format.
– Click “Select Folder” to export
– Open MS Outlook Application
– Right click on “Outlook” folder and select “New Folder”
– Name the folder by entering name in the designated space and click “OK”
– Your new folder is created
– Click on the new folder to open it (It will be empty)
– Select the mails that you exported from Thunderbird (CTRL+A to choose all files)
– Drag the selected files and bring them to the middle pane of Outlook
– Drop them in the new folder
– After the emails have finished moving, you can now find your imported Thunderbird MBOX files in MS Outlook
This is how you can move Thunderbird MBOX emails to Outlook PST format manually.
As you can see, the manual method is lengthy and involves a lot of steps; there are several drawbacks of manually moving Thunderbird to Outlook. Let us look at the ones you need to look out for:
– The manual method works with limited number of files
– The process has a lot of steps
– The manual process is slow and sometimes tedious
– You need some experience to perfect it
– There is no room for errors since it can cause data loss
If you want to avoid the above-mentioned setbacks, you should follow the second method which is preferred by most users these days.
Move Thunderbird MBOX emails to Outlook 2010/2013/2016 or Office 365 automatically with third party tools
Get the Shoviv MBOX to PST converter tool: A professional solution
Shoviv MBOX to PST converter is a certified tool that can convert your Thunderbird MBOX emails to all versions of Outlook. It is created by experts so that all Thunderbird users can easily export their email files whenever they want without fearing data loss.
There are a lot of benefits of using Shoviv MBOX to PST converter tool. Some of them are mentioned below:
1. Export MBOX to PST and other formats like EML, MSG, Office 365 and Live Exchange server
2. No size limitation; thus you can convert even large mailboxes
3. Offers bulk and selective conversion from MBOX to PST
4. Offers multiple application support of 20 other email clients
5. Supports Thunderbird, Eudora, Seamonkey, Spicebird, Mulberry etc
6. You can save Unicode files and ANSI PST files to save multi lingual content
7. You can choose the destination folders for conversion
8. 100% guarantee of data safety
9. No risk of data loss
10. No performance errors or lags
11. Prevent data modification guarantee
12. Exports from Apple mail mac to PST/Office 365 and Exchange server
13. File preview option for 100% data safety
14. Compatible with all versions of Outlook and Windows
15. Free trial version and 24-hour support
If you need the easiest and safest way to move Thunderbird MBOX emails to Outlook 2010/2013/2016 or Office 365, this is the ideal choice to make. The tool is easy to use, fast, accurate, safe and also affordable for all budgets.
If you are interested, you can try the tool for free
The free trial of the tool allows you to move first 25 files for each folder. Once you are sure that the tool works for you, you can upgrade to the full version at an affordable price. You don’t need to worry about support and updates since the full version offers them lifetime free.
To download the free trial of the tool, https://www.shoviv.com/mbox-converter.html